Harmony Audio HA-A400.1 Car Stereo Class D Amp Mono 800 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier - 1 Ohm Stable - Includes Bass Remote
- Harmony Audio HA-A400.1 Car Stereo Class D Amp Mono 800 Watt Subwoofer Amplifier - 1 Ohm Stable - Includes Bass Remote
- SKU: HA-A400.1
- When used with a factory stereo it allows you to splice into the vehicle factory speaker wires to acquire the audio signal
- It will also turn the amplifier on and off without a traditional 12 volt switched remote wire in most applications.
- Alloy Series Mono - 1 Channel Class D Amplifier
- Power Handling:
- 14.4V @ 1 Ohm
- 400 Watts RMS x 1
- 800 Watts PEAK x 1
- 14.4V @ 2 Ohm
- 300 Watts RMS x 1
- 600 Watts PEAK x 1
- 14.4V @ 1 Ohm
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-180Hz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95dB, A-weighted
- RCAs: Input and Full Pass Through Audio Output
- Turn On: DC Offset or 12V Remote
- Recommended External Fuse: 50A
- Recommended Wiring Power Gauge: 4 Gauge
- Dimensions: 9-3/16" Length x 6-1/8" Width x 2" Height
- Input Type: High or Low Level Signal (Selectable Switch)
- High Level Input Sensitivity: 2.5V - 40V
- Low Level Input Sensitivity: 90mV - 10V
- Gain: (Knob Variable)
- Low Pass Filter: 40Hz - 180Hz (Knob Variable)
- Subsonic Filter: 0Hz - 50Hz (Knob Variable)
- Frequency: 30Hz - 80Hz (Knob Variable)
- Bass Boost: 0dB - 12dB @ 50Hz (Knob Variable)
- Includes Remote Bass Control Knob with Power Indicator LED
- Includes HA-EASY Speaker Wire to RCA Adapter to Simplify Installation
- Compatible with both Aftermarket and Factory Source with DC Offset Feature
- When DC Offset Feature is used Remote Terminal becomes a 12V Output to Turn On Another Device
- Brushed Aluminum Case with Light Up Blue LED Harmony Logo
- Power and Protection Lights to Easily See Amp Status
Power, Performance and Easy Installation
Harmony Audio introduces our Alloy series amplifiers available in Class D including (3) Mono Block, (1) Four Channel and (1) Five Channel models to choose from. The Alloy series amplifiers feature some technology and features that you will not find anywhere else including options right out of the box to connect to a factory or aftermarket radio source. The included HA-EASY adapter allows you to easily splice into factory wiring to acquire the audio input signal.
Another common problem with using a factory stereo is finding a switched 12 volt wire to turn the amplifier on and off. Our Alloy Amplifiers feature a solution where the amplifier can be controlled via DC voltage offset or the traditional 12 volt switched remote turn on lead.
Our Alloy amplifiers are also designed for maximum power output! All of the mono block class D amps are 1 Ohm Stable and feature similar power output at a 2 Ohms. This gives you tons of flexibility for woofer options and wiring configurations. The Class D circuitry also keeps the amp running cool with maximum power efficiency. All single and 5 channel models also include a bass remote to allow you to dial in the bass from the comfort of the driver's seat!
Included HA-EASY Adapter = Easy Install
All Harmony Alloy amplifiers include HA-EASY adapter(s). If installing an aftermarket radio source that has RCA output then the HA-EASY is not going to be needed for your installation. If you are connecting to a factory audio source this adapter is going to make for a much easier installation.
The adapter has two purposes:
It's possible to generally find your factory speaker wires in a kick panel, in a wire pack under threshold trim or even at the speaker location itself. The factory radio does not need to be removed saving a ton of installation time and saving money on costly adapters.
Included Bass Remote Controller
The included Bass Remote allows you to easily manage the power output of your amplifier from the comfort of the drivers sear. The remote bass knob is designed to mount near the driver for quick and easy fine tuning based on music type or for passengers who might not share your love of loud, kicking bass! This is especially handy if you listen to a wide variety of music as bass frequencies can widely vary from musical styles.
The remote bass controller features a 0 to 12 dB boost range. When we say 0 we mean ZERO. The remote can completely cut out all output on the amplifier which is handy for system setup or also maybe if grandma borrows your car for bingo night (unless she is down with bass then by all means leave it up!) The remote also features a blue LED status light so you can easily tell if your amplifier is on. The remote bass knob also includes all necessary mounting hardware to install it.
Daisy Chaining a 2nd Amplifier or Accessory
Next up is a feature you will not find on any other brand or model of amplifiers and we are very proud of this! So let's say you have a factory radio and you are running one of the Harmony amps using the included HA-EASY adapter but you also have a 2nd Harmony amp you also want to install or maybe even an amp of a different brand.
When the Harmony amp is being controlled by the DC offset to turn it on and off the empty remote terminal now becomes a 12 volt switched output! This can be used to turn on and off the 2nd amplifier or any other 12 volt switched accessory! This output is only designed to turn the device on and off via a low amperage trigger and rated at 1 amp maximum. The sky is the limit of what this could be used for and can be anything you want to be turned on or off with your music.
Dialing in Your Harmony Amp
The wiring is done, the subwoofers are connected, and all that is left is setting up the controls on the amplifier. Most other brand amps want you to go dig for a hex key or a small screwdriver to dial in your settings. The Harmony Audio Alloy amps include metal adjustment knobs that do have a slot for fine tuning but also are large enough than just be easily adjusted by just your fingers. This may not sound like that big of a deal but trust us when the amp is installed under a seat or on the cab of a truck you are going to appreciate quick and easy setup knobs.
User Adjustable Settings: