Harmony Audio HA-A400.4 Car Stereo Alloy Amp 4 Channel 800W Full Range Speaker or Sub Amplifier
- Harmony Audio HA-A400.4 Car Stereo Alloy Amp 4 Channel 800W Full Range Speaker or Sub Amplifier
- SKU: HA-A400.4
- When used with a factory stereo it allows you to splice into the vehicle factory speaker wires to acquire the audio signal
- It will also turn the amplifier on and off without a traditional 12 volt switched remote wire in most applications.
- Alloy Series 4 Channel Class D Full Range Amplifier
- Power Handling:
- 14.4V @ 4 Ohm Stereo
- 75 Watts RMS x 4
- 150 Watts PEAK x 4
- 14.4V @ 4 Ohm Bridged
- 200 Watts RMS x 2
- 400 Watts PEAK x 2
- 14.4V @ 2 Ohm Stereo
- 85 Watts RMS x 4
- 170 Watts PEAK x 4
- 14.4V @ 4 Ohm Stereo
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-30kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 95dB, A-weighted
- RCAs: Input
- Turn On: DC Offset or 12V Remote
- Recommended External Fuse: 40A
- Recommended Wiring Power Gauge: 8 Gauge
- Dimensions: 8-5/8" Width x 6-1/8" Width x 2" Height
- Front and Rear Selectable Filter: Full, High Pass or Low Pass
- Input Type: High or Low Level Signal (Selectable Switch)
- High Level Input Sensitivity: 2.5V - 40V
- Low Level Input Sensitivity: 90mV - 10V
- Gain: (Knob Variable)
- Low Pass Filter: 50Hz - 500Hz (Knob Variable)
- High Pass Filter: 50Hz - 2kHz (Knob Variable)
- Bass Boost: 0dB - 12dB @ 50Hz (Knob Variable)
- Includes HA-EASY x 2 Speaker Wire to RCA Adapter to Simplify Installation
- Compatible with both Aftermarket and Factory Source with DC Offset Feature
- When DC Offset Feature is used Remote Terminal becomes a 12V Output to Turn On Another Device
- Brushed Aluminum Case with Light Up Blue LED Harmony Logo
- Power and Protection Light to Easily See Amp Status
Power, Performance and Easy Installation
Harmony Audio introduces our Alloy series amplifiers available in Class D including (3) Mono Block and (1) Four Channel models to choose from. The Alloy series amplifiers feature some technology and features that you will not find anywhere else including options right out of the box to connect to a factory or aftermarket radio source. The included HA-EASY adapter allows you to easily splice into factory wiring to acquire the audio input signal.
Another common problem with using a factory stereo is finding a switched 12 volt wire to turn the amplifier on and off. Our Alloy Amplifiers feature a solution where the amplifier can be controlled via DC voltage offset or the traditional 12 volt switched remote turn on lead.
Our Alloy amplifiers are also designed for maximum power output! All of the mono block class D amps are 1 Ohm Stable and feature similar power output at a 2 Ohms. This gives you tons of flexibility for woofer options and wiring configurations. The Class D circuitry also keeps the amp running cool with maximum power efficiency. All single channel models also include a bass remote to allow you to dial in the bass from the comfort of the driver’s seat!
Included HA-EASY Adapter = Easy Install
All Harmony Alloy amplifiers include HA-EASY adapter(s). If installing an aftermarket radio source that has RCA output then the HA-EASY is not going to be needed for your installation. If you are connecting to a factory audio source this adapter is going to make for a much easier installation.
The adapter has two purposes:
It’s possible to generally find your factory speaker wires in a kick panel, in a wire pack under threshold trim or even at the speaker location itself. The factory radio does not need to be removed saving a ton of installation time and saving money on costly adapters.
Daisy Chaining a 2nd Amp or Accessory
Next up is a feature you will not find on any other brand or model of amplifiers and we are very proud of this! So let’s say you have a factory radio and you are running one of the Harmony amps using the included HA-EASY adapter but you also have a 2nd Harmony amp you also want to install or maybe even an amp of a different brand.
When the Harmony amp is being controlled by the DC offset to turn it on and off the empty remote terminal now becomes a 12 volt switched output! This can be used to turn on and off the 2nd amplifier or any other 12 volt switched accessory! This output is only designed to turn the device on and off via a low amperage trigger and rated at 1 amp maximum. The sky is the limit of what this could be used for and can be anything you want to be turned on or off with your music.
Dialing in Your Harmony Amp
The wiring is done, the subwoofers are connected, and all that is left is setting up the controls on the amplifier. Most other brand amps want you to go dig for a hex key or a small screwdriver to dial in your settings. The Harmony Audio Alloy amps include metal adjustment knobs that do have a slot for fine tuning but also are large enough than just be easily adjusted by just your fingers. This may not sound like that big of a deal but trust us when the amp is installed under a seat or on the cab of a truck you are going to appreciate quick and easy setup knobs.
User Adjustable Settings: